My newsletter is more of a generalized, overall update on what I like to call “The 5 Whats”. Rather than just another one of those marketing newsletters that are really little more than a pitch for you to buy something, my newsletters are more of a way to maintain something that's really important to me – a relationship with my readers. It's one small way for me to give readers a little more of my writing, but also get to know me in the process.
The 5 Whats:
1. What I've seen – I travel a lot. I go to some pretty cool places, so I'll tell you about the things I've seen recently.
2. What I've learned – I spend a lot of time observing my world and the people and things in it. I'll pick a couple of things that have given me pause lately and share them.
3. What I'm reading – I am pretty ADD with my reading. I tend to be reading a lot of books at the same time, so bear with me on this one, but I'll share with you some of the things I'm reading at the moment and why. (I'm also secretly hoping for some book recommendations from my readers, because I've found some of my most beloved books by reading something someone else has recommended!)
4. What I'm watching – Let's be real. Most of us are watching SOMETHING, even if it's YouTube Videos or Ted Talks. I don't watch a ton of television but I do like streaming content so I'll share what I've been watching lately and maybe you can share what you've been watching lately.
5. What I'm working on – Lastly I'll give any updates I might have on projects that are in the works creatively. Sometimes I share about things my kids are doing creatively, because we're a highly creative family. At any rate, it will help readers to know when new books, audiobooks, and short stories will be coming out.
Lastly, each newsletter comes with an audio file so that if you don't want to read it you can listen to me telling you about it – kind of like a podcast but for my newsletters. Sometimes hearing someone's voice can tell you a lot about them, so I'm trying to do more audio content. A lot of my newer long form blog posts will also have this feature so if you're in the TLDR camp but still want to stay up to date, have a listen instead!
I'm honestly pretty mellow about sending updates. In fact, you'll be lucky if you hear from me once a month. I'm not proud of this – I'm just super busy like you. So no spam. That's a promise.
I abhor spam and unnecessary emails and heavy marketing ploys make me really irritated, so I won't do that to you. I'm a nurse and I understand HIPPA intimately. I would never dream of sharing your emails or personal information with anyone without your permission. Ever. And you can absolutely unsubscribe at any time.
Questions? Reach out any time!